Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Making Jelly from Frozen Concentrate

While watching TLC's Extreme Couponing, a woman mentioned that she made jelly from frozen juice concentrate. Well color me intrigued! I immediately took to facebook to ask my friends if they had ever heard of this and indeed, they had. So, I went searching for a recipe. And I found it! Here is the link:

http://www.food.com/recipe/grape-jelly-from-frozen-concentrate-255336


I was so excited to get started! First, I bought quilted jelly jars which are so much prettier than regular pint jars! I also bought some pectin which is essential to making a jelly. Unless you want to add a ton of sugar. So, following the recipe, I got to work. Sterilized my jars and lids. Cooked my concentrate and sugar. And this is what I ended up with:


Eight wonderful jars of grape jelly that I water bathed to seal. There is nothing better than the popping sound a jar makes when it seals. It was so easy. I bought the juice for 2 dollars, which is the normal cost of a store bought jar of jelly, and I got 8 jars out of it! Now tell me that doesn't rock!!!!! So give it a go! You don't have to make just grape! You can make apple, mango, whatever. So jump into canning your own food, you will save lots of dough!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment