Wednesday, September 28, 2011

So, Baby Steps

My last post was about how we were thinking about moving for another teacher job. We have taken the first few baby steps toward this venture. My husband has been in contact with the principal of the school and has sent in his application and resume to the district. I have been looking at rentals in the area and freaking out a lot. I so want this to happen. I want to go home.

On a side note, my father mentioned using PODS instead of trucks. This was a stroke of brilliance. Not only do they cost a lot less, they can store the pods until we are ready to have them brought to us. This is imperative because I am sure we will be staying with my parents until we could find a rental. The city where my husband will be teaching is about two hours away from my parents. So this will result in long days searching for houses to rent. And dealing with landlords, ugh. On the bright side of this equation, we don't plan to rent for long. We hope to buy  a home with some acreage. I plan on getting chickens and one day , a milking cow. And gardening and canning a lot. So keep us in your thoughts and send good vibes our way, we could really use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment